Dancers & Administration
Founded in 2003 by Nada Kano, the Beirut Dance Company is a contemporary dance company based on classical ballet training unique in Lebanon.
Members of the company are essentially Lebanese dancers, based in Lebanon or abroad. Their number varies according to each production ranging from one to twelve dancers.
The Company is led by artistic director Nada Kano and is not regularly funded at the moment.
The Beirut Dance Company has performed several shows in Lebanon and abroad. In September 2009 the company was one of the five finalists of the dance competition of the Francophone Games held in Beirut, an achievement for Lebanon as the country was for the first time represented in a dance competition.
- BDC shows choreographed by Nada Kano
- 2013 un•re(a)lating (performed in Beirut)
- 2011 L’Etreinte (Choreography Nada Kano with visual work by Reza Abedini) and Element Terre (performed in Beirut)
- 2011 L’Etreinte (Choreography Nada Kano) and Beyrouth O Beyrouth (choreography Raza Hamadi performed in Beirut and Aleppo)
- 2010 The Dress (performed in Beirut)
- 2010 Entre Nous (Choreography Nada Kano) and Beyrouth O Beyrouth (choreography Raza Hamadi – performed in Beirut and Amman)
- 2009 Element-Terre (performed in Beirut)
- 2009 Attraction (performed in Beirut, Saida and Aleppo)
- 2008 A Corps Perdu (performed in Beirut)
- 2003 Les Cahiers de la Danse (Several choreographers – performed in Beirut)
- 2001 Du Côté des Chorégraphes (Several choreographers – performed in Beirut)
- 1999 Solitudes et Rencontres (Choreography Frederik Lazzarelli – performed in Beirut and Tunis)
- 1999 Poséidon et les Sirènes (Choreography Nada Kano – performed in Beirut)
- 1998 Point de Repère (Choreography Frederik Lazzarelli – performed in Beirut)